floorboards, how do you cut yours?

Sponsored Links
Anybody else used Shark blades?
I bought a load of Shark blades off ebay. No complaints. I'm still working my way through them.

Bought a pack of 10 35mm Shark blades (£40) about 6 months ago and still got 4 unused, seem to last twice as long as the Bosch blades at less than half price, wouldn't buy anything else now..

Sponsored Links
got the Bosch PMF 10.8V Li green version.... £95 from B&Q, only 1 battery but a good assortment of blades..

I spent about 20 mins earlier "chopping" a chase into a dot 'n' dabbed wall with a mixture of my trusty old pad saw and a small cheap wood chisel to remove the adhesive.....
got another tomorrow to do so I'll see how my new toy compares..

also spent about 10 mins with my floorboard saw cutting 1 board.....

impressed and not at the same time...

used it first thing to try and cut some plasterboard chases ( dot N dab walls, void behind mostly, or a bit of boards adhesive ).. tried both the grit edged blade that it says is for that sort of thing, and one of the two blades with teeth in case that was better....
utterly useless.... might be better to put a box in with a plunge blade but the round ones are no good for plasterboard.. I'll stick with my diamond blade in my 4 inch grinder for chases...

this afternoon I had to pull one long floorboard for access to get a cable accross a room..
used the other round blade with teeth to cross cut the board against the skirting, and a plunge blade to take off the tongues either side...
very good piece of kit for that and has redemed itself just for that..

I think they need a curved or angled end plunge type blade though for doing floorboard tongues..

I think they need a curved or angled end plunge type blade though for doing floorboard tongues..

Just hold the multitool at an angle and it will work a treat. As with various tools it takes a little while to get used to it.

I have the green un too, boy does it make some noise! So Qu too all Bosch blue owners....does the GOP or the 10.8V multi scream its head off, or are they reasonably quiet?

....does the GOP or the 10.8V multi scream its head off, or are they reasonably quiet?

I used to have the 230v green PMF and upgraded to the Blue GOP250, the GOP is a fair bit quieter, its still a bit 'screamy' on max speed, but at 20,000 osculations a min I guess thats expected (its more solid internally so the vibration level also seems less).

I picked up a 10.8v GOP as part of a deal recently and I'd say thats on par with the PMF noise & vibration wise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back