Flooring a large L-Shaped room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a large L-shaped living/dining room concrete floor and I wish to lay wooden flooring. Room dimensions is 7X7 metres with about a quarter of it 'removed' to form the L shape. Is it OK to lay the flooring all in the same direction or better to 'break' the run at the inside corner of the L.

Sponsored Links
Just to get things sure: what is the widest width? 7 meters or 7 meters plus or minus that quarter you're talking about?
If it's 7 (or more) meters stick to Wood-Engineered flooring, that can handle this width much better (stabler) than solid flooring.

Widest width is 7 meters along each of the 2 sides of the L shape.

O.K.
What kind of wooden flooring did you have in mind yourself: solid, wood-engineered 3-strip or full plank?

We don't recommend solid in wide areas (like yours), or you have to 'bridge' two parts of the room with a separate extra tongue (officially called a 'spring' - translated from Dutch) I wouldn't go for thin wood-veneer, the area is also to wide for that.
Best choice would be standard Wood-Engineered (3.5 to 6mm solid top layer; 14 to 21mm total thickness), which can safely be installed floating.
See my profile for more info: web site etc

Sponsored Links
Hello how are you all?

I know this may not ideally the same conversation but I need some advice for the L-Shaped bedroom which I have at my house and I need to know what do I need to do with the flooring for the doorway. If you have any advice for me can you or anyone that you know that can help me send me a message.

I will look forward hearing from you all.

Kind regards,
Chey

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back