Flooring for summer house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a summer house but the standard flooring it was supplied with is not very robust. I'm planning on laying some laminate over it.

What is best to use in order to stop any moisture penetrating the laminate floor? I was thinking of using some self levelling compound (maybe Mapei Ultraplan) as this will also add an extra layer of strength?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Treated timber. It's not heated just a freestanding timber summer house. It's seated on wooden decking so whilst the subfloor is not in contact with the decking (raised on bearers) during heavy rain there will be splashback that hits the underneath of the subfloor.

Laminate is'nt going to be stable enough in that environment, I would suggest a sheet vinyl over 6mm Ply or look at something Like Flotex Woods in Sheet or Plank format (will probably still need to ply out the subfloor) both options will work well with the moisture.

Sponsored Links
Just looked up Flotex Woods - looks like a good option. One final question would I need any moisture barrier between the treated sub floor and the ply?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back