Flooring gap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am about to lay the laminate flooring and after doing some work and replacing some of the old flooring with chipboard there is a some uneven areas. All the chipboard is quite levelled all directions, however when the old flooring and chipboard meet there is some gap which I don't know how to fix.

I was thinking of using some cement and use the spirit level to spread it in the uneven parts....but not sure if there are other alternatives. I know the laminate flooring with 5mm board board underneath can resolve some of the imperfections, but eventually it will squeak and want to avoid that at all cost.

Thank you for your help
20230415_181905.jpg
20230415_181851.jpg
20230415_181835.jpg
20230415_181830.jpg
un

Sponsored Links
Prime it all then use a fibre smoothing compound like Mapei renovation which screw fix sell

Prime it all then use a fibre smoothing compound like Mapei renovation which screw fix sell
Thank you, I'll take a look. Do you mean using the compound only in the part that has the gap right!?

Sponsored Links
Don't understand the need to fill small gap when the usual underlay and laminate will cover it.

We would use uzin 630 or fball fill a prime.
but you would be ok with mapei prim grit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back