Flooring

Factory direct flooring are a good supplier and if you're doing it up to sell then laminate definately ........quicker and cheaper.

Definately would look good to sell.

That's the question.. would it though ? If you are paying a premium would you buy a place with some laminate chucked down ?

Sponsored Links
Tarting my mum's flat up to maximise value but not sure what flooring to go for. Most people wouldn't know the difference between solid, engineered and laminate and obviously I want to get away with spending the least I can to get the best result.
My question is does it matter?
That's the question.. would it though ? If you are paying a premium would you buy a place with some laminate chucked down ?
There was no suggestion in your OP of paying a premium. It was emphasised that you were tarting the place up for maximum value, and spending the least.
Are you now going for a premium look and expecting buyers to pay a premium?
In which case the question has changed.

Tarting my mum's flat up to maximise value but not sure what flooring to go for. Most people wouldn't know the difference between solid, engineered and laminate and obviously I want to get away with spending the least I can to get the best result.
My question is does it matter?
There was no suggestion in your OP of paying a premium. It was emphasised that you were tarting the place up for maximum value, and spending the least.
Are you now going for a premium look and expecting buyers to pay a premium?
In which case the question has changed.

Ok fair enough. I think due to the fact this is solid american white oak, the best outcome would be to leave it down and give it the proper attention, or just leave it. I was told by the agent yesterday that bringing the floor up to a good standard would not make a difference to what I'd expect to get for the flat.

Sponsored Links
My new (Victorian) house has wood-effect laminate all downstairs. It's not cheap laminate, but even so I knocked a grand off the price I was willing to pay, because I knew I wouldn't want to live with it long term. I don't think many people are fooled by laminate. It looks like a rental.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back