Flow and return

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening,
I'm fitting a straight TRV to my towel rail tomorrow. I need to know which is the flow and return as it says that this valve must be fitted on the flow. How can i identify this other than switching the water back on and flooding the place. Thanks in advance. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
If you have taken the rad off then this could be tricky unless all your other rads are piped up so flow and return are on same sides.
Wouldnt worry to much about it not being on correct side though ,it will still work.

No the rad is still on at the mo. Is there a way off telling ? Its a towel rail by the way which currently works off a simple on off valve. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Less of the cheek. I was thinking slightly too much. Maybe i should stick to what i'm good at. :LOL: :LOL:

Also, while on on the subject, i'm changing the bath in a couple of weeks. Is there an easy way to find out which is hot and cold?

no .... its still hot. Stop lauging..
Although i have switched it off so i'll let you know in about 2 hours whenits cold.

Less of the cheek. I was thinking slightly too much. Maybe i should stick to what i'm good at. :LOL: :LOL:

Also, while on on the subject, i'm changing the bath in a couple of weeks. Is there an easy way to find out which is hot and cold?

Turn the on.

Look on the indice. red or H for hot.

Hot is always on the left, if its a right hand bath, or furthest from the edge on a left hand bath, assuming the plumber fitted them that way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back