flue flow test

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do you do a flue flow test on a I.L.F.E. fire ? Do you need to place something over the fire opening while you do it ? And is it law that the 8mm copper needs to be covered in ducktape or is it just good practice. Cheers

Sponsored Links
nuts said:
How do you do a flue flow test on a I.L.F.E. fire ? Do you need to place something over the fire opening while you do it ? And is it law that the 8mm copper needs to be covered in ducktape or is it just good practice. Cheers

You are talking about a flue and not spillage test ?

Sorry, the answer's too long. You need to be trained to get everything right doing this sort of thing. Call in a corgi.

Sponsored Links
I only ask because i've just had a new fire fitted and the fitter placed smoke bomb in the catchment space (?) went upstairs, came down put another one in, went outside to check top of chimney but did'nt cover opening and some smoke came into the room. Then connected the fire without taping the pipe

He has done flue flow test properly,spillage test should also have been done.

EDIT Missed the bit abut smoke coming into room. If it was only wisps this can happen especially when doors are opened and closed to go and check outside etc. Pipe should be wrapped even if it not a solid feul chimney

nuts said:
I only ask because i've just had a new fire fitted and the fitter placed smoke bomb in the catchment space (?) went upstairs, came down put another one in, went outside to check top of chimney but did'nt cover opening and some smoke came into the room. Then connected the fire without taping the pipe

Your name gives you away a bit like mine bob big nuts ...

but the way to do it is to tape up the 8mm pipe as soot is corrosive and to cover opening well im lost there old bean, and the puff of smoke coming out sounds like he,s not heated up the flue to me, if he did mmmmmmmmmmm sounds like trouble at the mill , get your life insurance renewed.

If by spillage you mean put a smoke match in when he was finished, he did that

nuts said:
If by spillage you mean put a smoke match in when he was finished, he did that

Your a cowboy doing a job you made a mess of arnt you give me the address and i will come a round free of charge and check out the benchmark, another gyippo making a killing and they will get off with manslaughter.

You dont work for BHE do you...........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back