Flue Position - House Party Wall does not match fence line

thanks for all the replies, sorry did not mean to upset anyone, I was just reponding at work as quickly as I could. I will work out how to do a diagram and post it this evening to make my question clear. I do not have any drawing packages so I hope a simple one will do

thanks

Sponsored Links
View media item 37367
hi sorry the picture is poor, I'm sure you will laugh, I'm no artist,

the boundaries are like this on the deeds, it's something to do with the shared drain downpipes, so they offset all the gardens. There is no way they can build to get closer to the flue if you see what I mean. The window in the neighbours is the line in gray.

I want to put the flu where the red bit is as there is room to mount the boiler in this area.

I have been given a number of boiler options re make (Baxi) so will come back with that on a different thread.

Does the picture make it easier to understand, the fence boundary is the legal boundary between me and my neighbours, hopefully you see my problem/question.

thanks

It, I am sure, is also there to deal with the possible future constructions creating an internal corner; but the OP's garden boundary extends past the party wall.

The BOUNDARY rulemis ENTIRELY about building in the future. It's effect does obviously coincide with minimum CLEARANCE rules. Pluming and it's offensive effects are different, and actually don't have specific measurements. If there is a danger of affecting the neighbour, then you are at risk of enforcement action.

I don't meant to be offensive or patronising, and some may think I'm pedantic. But the above is my understanding and take on it, and if you write the wrong thing down, (even if it changes nothing) on a report, it could come back and bite you.

The OP has 600mm of garden between the party wall and the fence boundary, so even if his current or future neighbour built an extension, there would be 600mm of garden and rear wall between that the and proposed flue terminal.

You may well be right! I just can't visualise what the OP means. But he did say that a fence is nearer than 300mm, so if that is attached to his wall then he has a problem with internal corner rule.

Hi I've added a picture hopefully someone can let me know what the result is? If you click on the picture it comes up full size so it's easy to see. thanks

Well, your neighbour can't build to within 300mm of you flue terminal, so really it is down to he 300mm to the party wall and how strictly that is enforced.

Might as well just use a plume management kit and have done with it though.

Sponsored Links
Well, your neighbour can't build to within 300mm of you flue terminal, so really it is down to he 300mm to the party wall and how strictly that is enforced.

Might as well just use a plume management kit and have done with it though.

They can't build closer than two foot to where the flue would be otherwise they would be building in my garden.

So to comply I need to put a plume kit that diverts it 15 cm's as there is currently 15 cm's from the party wall, If I just put a 90% bend on the end would that suffice as the outlet would be 30cm from the party wall?

The method of managing the plume depends on the boiler.

Chances are though that the kit will have a minimum length - WB for example have 500mm. This is to prevent products bouncing off the wall and mixing with the air intake.

Of course you don't have to run it at right angles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back