Fluidmaster Flush problem

Jim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I cant get a satisfactory flush with this system and only two thirds of the cistern gets thro before the valve closes. I have fiddled around without improving. Any tips please.
Jim

Sponsored Links
The float [the black part of the valve] has a metal rod through it this needs to be altered; the float is too hi up!

Try moving it down the metal rod; if that dont work get a new valve! :cry:

I don't know what moliver is talking about, but you're problem is that you need to increase the water level in the cistern so that more water runs out before the flush valve closes. This will involve raising the level of the float on the filling valve (oposite to what moliver says!).

Thanks. On checking, the water level comes right up to the "level" mark and I cant allow higher level or else the water flows into the integrated overflow pipe. Any other suggestions please ?
Jim

Sponsored Links
If the water is on the level mark imprinted in the cistern wall then its correct.

By intergrated overflow pipe I assume you me you have a flush or flapper valve (overflow goes down the middle).

Some of these valves require you to hold the button/lever down to get a full flush. Just a push will give the lower flush volume. They are supposed to work like that.

Also bear in mind that the overflow pipes are sometimes cut down too short when they are installed.

If its the flapper fluidmaster flush valve you can dial the red flap in the bottom to hold the flap open longer. Its numbered 1-9 I think and you want it turned to nine and that should increase the time it takes for the flap to drop therefore giving a better/longer flush.

Thanks for all your advice. Now got a little notice on cistern re short/long flush.
Thanks
Jim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back