flush CH with heating pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm trying to recondition my CH a little. Just moved into new house and needs inhibitor etc as hasn't been put in for years as far as I can tell. I was going to put some sentinel x400 in first via a dedicated radiator point. My question is when I come to remove the x400, can I just put a hose on the drain point and run the pump with the drain open - using the heat pump to 'flush' without introducing air into the system (indirect by the way). Or could I drain a little, close the drain, run the pump, open again - relying on the header tank to refill between drains? I'm not really keen on draining the whole system as its a little complex and bound to get air somewhere I cant find.
Thanks for the help

Sponsored Links
If you open the drain valve to just the right amount, you could flush the system for a prolonged period since the water in from the FE tank = water out.

Why is your system so complicated to drain off anyway which would be the preferred option?

The recomendation is to fit a full bore valve to allow fast discharge. Fill the system, circulate using pump and discharge through said valve until empty. This is done six or seven times until discharge water is clear.

I would be using X800

Cover the radiators with blankets and sheets and run system continously to allow chemicals to disolve sediment.

Boiler pump is not powerful enough to do what a powerflusher can achieve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back