Flush valve woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm after some advice please.

I have a toilet that I believe has an original Macdee Arcadia flush valve, see photos below. The plunger is allowing water to pass after flushing, when it should be closed. I had the problem previously and replaced the seal, tried this again but no luck. The plunger is getting stuck in the body.

I decided to replace the flush valve but the model I have is discontinued.

After some research I discovered that the Macdee DVA0100 should be a straight replacement, being compatible with the existing basket. I purchased a DVA0100 from Toolstation but it doesn't fit the existing basket...the tabs on the new valve are just a little too wide for the slots.

I was wanting to not have to replace the basket as my plumbing skills are limited. I could removed some material from the tabs but once I do that I won't be able to return if it still doesn't fit.

Has anyone else had this issue or know of a dual flush valve I can use as a straight replacement?

Thanks in advance.

tempImageXxMuJW.pngtempImageEq0hVF.pngtempImageAxtQpB.pngtempImageHIu8Wr.pngtempImageMdu4DK.pngtempImagetRwhKP.png

Sponsored Links
It does appear that the newer Kayla should fit the previous one (Arcadia). Perhaps speak to Wirquin (who now own Macdee)?

Last edited:
It does appear that the newer Kayla should fit the previous one (Arcadia). Perhaps speak to Wirquin (who now own Macdee)?
I think that's the next step...what I have noticed is that the cable on my valve seems a whole lot longer than those on the pictures I see of the supposed same valve. I'm wondering whether it's a copy or maybe I have an earlier revision as my valve has no manufacturer markings I can see.

Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back