Flushing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have had intermittent problems (some days good, some days not) with the start up of c heating system and a few gurgling noises from the back boiler (Baxi Bermuda 552). When it finally runs...it runs hot and well. One of the two upstairs rads (the only new rad fitted since I came here) needs daily bleeding and black water/air comes out. Once bled it is fine. There are also sludgy noises from the pipes in places. I am going to put a chemical cleanser in the system but before I do, will take a few rads off to flush out with a hose. My question : Is it best just to try the cleanser first, without removing rads for flushing? Or is it best to get as much sludge out of the rads and then put in the cleanser?

Thanks for your help

Phil

Sponsored Links
As long as you're getting circulation, put the stuff in and let it go round.
I suggest Sentinel Ferroquest, or Fernox HD Restorer, as reasonable compromise between speed and risk of leaks.

Part fill the rads and bung the ends. Keep turning upside down and back to get water to go along the channels

thanks Chris....

I am now in the frame of mind...if it ain't broke, don't fix it! But I'm worried what may happen if I don't address the problem. I would like to wait til we get warmer weather so if anything goes wrong (and my wife tells me it will!) it's not such a hassle....

Thanks again...

Phil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back