Flying? far east?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
April 16, 2007
FAA said:
FAA Lowers Safety Rating for Indonesia
WASHINGTON, D.C. : The U.S. Department of Transportation's Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) today announced that Indonesia does not comply with international safety standards set by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), following a consultation with the Indonesian civil aviation authority...

June 28, 2007.
Herald Tribune said:
...The EU statement said that all 51 airlines certified in Indonesia would be blocked from flying to the European Union...
...However, the ban also serves as a warning to consumers and travel agencies in the European Union to avoid the country's airlines...

June 29, 2007
Guardian said:
..All Indonesian airlines have been banned from flying to Europe in a safety crackdown...
Garuda their 'flagship' carrier, has not been scheduled to EU since 2005.

Indonesian airlines are not alone...

Far East flight planning?
No fatality airlines since 1970... As with financial risk taking 'past performance...' - and all that ...
http://www.airsafe.com/events/regions/as_nofat.htm

Not only cricket - rugby - racecar and motorcycle preparation but flying too... Qantas - No fatalities.
Perhaps Oz, although disliked by many, get it right a whole lot of the time...
The difference between 'talking' and 'doing' ... Like we used to be.

:(

Sponsored Links
What about Virgin Altlantic ? (wasn't going to suggest that they fly to the far east ;) but they do according to wikipedia) But I wouldn't be surprised if they handle larger volumes of passenger traffic per day out of the worlds busiest passenger airport. Good effort don't you think?

why are australia disliked by some? for what exactly?

im not entirely sure that all fatalities on aircraft can be attributed to airlines anyway. although they maintain them they didnt build them with possible inherent defects.

im unsurprised to see that balkan airlines are not on that zero list. they are without a doubt the dodgiest airline ive had the displeasure of being on. my emergency exit was bolted shut :eek: :LOL:

Not only cricket - rugby - racecar and motorcycle preparation but flying too... Qantas - No fatalities.
Perhaps Oz, although disliked by many, get it right a whole lot of the time...
The difference between 'talking' and 'doing' ... Like we used to be.

Not all the time ;) -Bulldozed out of the way by the mighty lions, guess is back to Clink now for the Wallies (sic) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
why are australia disliked by some? for what exactly?

:LOL:

For not realising Australians aren't always Australions !

Swing low sweet chariot, coming for to carry you home !

;)

What about Virgin Altlantic ? (wasn't going to suggest that they fly to the far east ;) but they do according to wikipedia) But I wouldn't be surprised if they handle larger volumes of passenger traffic per day out of the worlds busiest passenger airport. Good effort don't you think?

they get you to the states in one peice :rolleyes:

Flying far east ? - Try SIA - brilliant.
The oriental lasses attending in their cheongsam style dresses - very fetching.
Spent quite some time on the flightdeck - I guess that'll never happen again

qipao (cheongsam)
Subtle combination of sexiness and elegance, the complete package.
a029.jpg

Takes me back a bit.

Flying far east ? - Try SIA - brilliant.
The oriental lasses attending in their cheongsam style dresses - very fetching.
Spent quite some time on the flightdeck - I guess that'll never happen again

qipao (cheongsam)
Subtle combination of sexiness and elegance, the complete package.
a029.jpg

Takes me back a bit.

Probably a ladyboy, always beware the hidden 'extras'

I'm not entirely sure that all fatalities on aircraft can be attributed to airlines anyway. although they maintain them they didnt build them with possible inherent defects.
By far the largest proportion of fatal aircraft accidents are as a result of human error not technical failure.

Aircraft are built to such exacting standards, overbuilt to such a degree and maintained on a change before failure basis in order to minimise failure ... Not saying it doesn't happen but fatalities as a result are rare.

MW

Sponsored Links
Back