Flymo Garden Vac Trigger Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Garden vac suddenly stopped working. Gray trigger does nothing. Checked fuse etc, then opened it up. I cant for the life of me see how the trigger is supposed to push the actual motor's push-button - it doesn't even line up with the button. There must be a part missing but I can't see what it might be. Can anyone advise?

The grey trigger piece can be purchased online but it LOOKS just like the one I have, so I dont think a piece has broken off that. The orange push-button doesn't appear to have anything broken off of it either. Confused.

Attachments

• IMG_20221024_102057.jpg
    IMG_20221024_102057.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20221024_102034.jpg
    IMG_20221024_102034.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 81
Sponsored Links
Fixed.

For those that follow, the issue wasnt the blower as such but the collection bag. I hadnt realised the importance of having the bag properly seated having just emptied it: there's a piece of plastic on the bag frame that only enables the lever to reach the switch when the bag is properly fixed on- otherwise you'd be able to run the thing with the chopping blades and motor exposed. Obvious now - strange the thoughts that occur to you during the wee hours!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back