Folding Internal Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm not entirely sure where to make this post, so figured I'd play safe and put it here so somebody can point me in the right direction.

I'm looking to re-arrange some rooms that will result in the bedrooms for my two young daughters being next to one another. I have a seed of an idea to divide the rooms with some kind of folding wall system, so that during the day we can open it up to have one big play area.

I've not had much luck searching so far and only seem to find commercial office systems, so any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. (The divide is 3m and I'd like the partition to be as much as a wall as possible when closed).

Cheers

David

Sponsored Links
Use a standard sliding/folding track and use doors (plain or otherwise) for the panels.

This will not be very noise resistant though, and if you want that, you will need to go for a proper commercial system

Sponsored Links
There is a company near me in Newtown, Birmingham :LOL:

On the web, IIRC there is a company in London with the details (the conmpany near me stocks the same make of products) but their name escapes me. They sell lots of other door furniture too.

I do recall replying in thread about these doors a good while ago. It was in the door and window forum (I think :confused: ) but the search on this site is crap, so use google and the " site: diynot.com " function in the search criteria

Otherwise just google for something like " folding internal door track "

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back