Fooooking Heatline C24 Boilers..Aaaaarrrrgghh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi To All

Yes I know these are crap boilers with lots of probs...I already know this,but with an old house with no central heating it was my cheapest quote for the full install...Anyway,My heatline boiler of recent has been not good,The hot water has been ok as long as you can get the tap to the right postion,The most recent prob is my rads,Either upstairs hot,or downstairs hot...Look on all the treads I can find and after trying my best ( for about 5 hours ) I Give up....The diverter valve pin goes in and out when either hot water of heating,Unscrewed the front screw on the pump,All spinning nicely away on setting 3,all rads but one have thermosat knobs on full and out pipe screw fully open..My boiler is in the kitchen above a rad thats the one without the thermo knob and still if all rads upstairs working thats freezing cold as like the other two,If I turn down the upstairs rads to say 3,the downstairs come on but then after 10 mins upstairs cold???A little history of my boiler 1: The hot water supply went and the plummer thought the system that was three years old at that time needed cleaning through,He pumped into the dinigroom rad something called Fernox,Did the trick 2:my diverter leaked causing the fuses to blow ( on Christms day ) and the motor it self,Got repair kit,new black screw,seal and pin and motor,all was well again...Now this and its driving me mad....Thanks to anyone with any help...Forgot to add,when the boilers heating the rads the red lights on the front go upto the 70/80 light,then trips off,goes down to the 60 light fires up again but only stays on for about 25 secs before tripping again.does that over and over

Sponsored Links
Definitely bad or no circulation away from boiler, if boiler cutting in and out frequently. First suspect the pump but also look to see if the flow and return pipes from the boiler are installed where air could get trapped. ie pipes rise vertically then elbow off downwards. If so does it have a air vent? If not you may need one. Otherwise you have a blockage. Check simple things first.

as mentioned above - also do you have any line strainer in line or any isolation valves not quite open? check pump first, air in system. what's the heating thermostat on the boiler set to? heating thermistor/sensor has it been checked?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the responses...Yes the boiler kicks in and out quite often..The pipes go straight up from the boiler under the bath then across the landing...All rads seem to have water flow out when bleed nut turned but the back bedroom one seems to have higher pressure to it??It has a flue to the outside,not sure about an airvent?How could I attempt to clear a blockage as i'm not plummer but not bad at general work.Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back