Football stats

Oddly enough, you have to go back to 2001 to see the last time a scouse team finished above Man Utd in the league.
Oddly enough, that tends to prove my point....Spurs goal that never was for example, even though it was four feet over the line. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mind you, at least crowd shots of your derby matches are like an episode of crimewatch UK. So they may not be entertaining events, but they are useful in clearing up crime rates.

The first cheap stereotypical crack was funny, now you're getting boring. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The technology does exist for goal-line cameras and also there is a consideration for "Video-Ref" like in Rugby. There are still many cases for and against the technology "disrupting the flow of the game" which is, in my opinion, the big clubs that get all the benefit-of-the-doubt decisions ****ting their pants as it won't go for them anymore.
In the UEFA CL and EL there are now two additional "goal-line" assistant referees that watch for penalty/goal contentious issues.
On the stats front, I think OPTA has the current contract for Premier League and Champions League.

The first cheap stereotypical crack was funny, now you're getting boring. :rolleyes:
Oh I don't know - milking a gag seems the norm nowadays. You'd know :rolleyes:
That particular gag has been getting milked by every brainles chav in the country who doesn't hail from Liverpool, for at least the last twenty years. Hope you like the company you're keeping.

Sponsored Links
Oh I don't know - milking a gag seems the norm nowadays. You'd know :rolleyes:
That particular gag has been getting milked by every brainles chav in the country who doesn't hail from Liverpool, for at least the last twenty years. Hope you like the company you're keeping.

Got to agree with sooey, the scouse stale jokes are really boring now ,maybe funny in 70,s and 80,s but past their sell by date.....also these jibes coming from manchester makes me laugh ... manchesters crime rate is only second to london

Got to agree with sooey, the scouse stale jokes are really boring now ,maybe funny in 70,s and 80,s but past their sell by date.....also these jibes coming from manchester makes me laugh ... manchesters crime rate is only second to london
You see, they make you laugh, so they are funny :LOL: :LOL:

Point taken though fellas - in retrospect I did overmilk it :oops: :oops:

One or t'other would have sufficed, but two?? Error in judgement on my part :cry: :oops:

Aren't top-flight footballers supposed to be knackered nowadays? If you look at the stats that come up, it's a bit harder to see why.
When a player is subbed around the 70 min. mark, they've done about 9Km. Which in old money, is about 5 miles. A brisk walk.
Given that you'd hope your £100K a week playa actually breaks out a trot from time to time, they must spend a good portion of a match stood still, scratching something (or hurling abuse at the nearest oppo / fan / ref, etc).
It's a different way of looking at it....

Back