Footing Questions

Sponsored Links
I have now knocked some stakes into the ground (should have gone bigger size but they are firm enough). I have marked a point level with the existing floor board on each. Having located the existing DPC it is no good as it is basically at ground floor level. The front door threshold sits just above the floor board so i guess this will be a good place to site the DPC. Its a little under 150mm from existing ground floor but that is all being lowered by 150-200mm as it looks like the drive has been overlayed and i dont like the falls/levels.

Is front door threshold a good place for the DPC and if so what is the recommended depth of brick/blockwork from footing to DPC so that i can cut the stakes down to mark top of concrete.

setting.jpg

450mm is a popular choice. Enough room for 2 courses of blocks inner, and 6 of bricks on the outer skin.

If i need to reduce level internally to accommodate a suspended timber floor. I need 150mm below the timber joist so say 300mm below floorboard level. In that case will 450 be sufficient or should i make it 675mm?

Is it best to have engineering bricks to both skins below DPC?

Sponsored Links
Do concrete wagons back onto a residential driveway or is that a no no. It would be nice if they could shoot straight into the footing. We need just under 3.5m3 so i would rather not have to wheelbarrow.

Do concrete wagons back onto a residential driveway or is that a no no. It would be nice if they could shoot straight into the footing. We need just under 3.5m3 so i would rather not have to wheelbarrow.

I had my concrete delivered a couple of weeks ago and the guy did park his fully loaded volumetric wagon on the drive - but only after I gave him repeated assurances it was ok to do so as the driveway was getting replaced.

It did make a mess of the driveway to be fair, and having dug some of it up before I know my old drive is really solid to start with - lines of thick council path pavers surrounded by concrete with a thick hardcore base.

I think you’ve got block pavers from your other threads - I guess it depends how good the base is, whether you’re planning on keeping any of the drive afterwards, and how contentious the wagon driver is.

ps - the firm I used supplied a barrow boy and between him and the driver they did all the barrowing :)

B7205BDA-9456-4F4F-A3E0-0CB5A8EA9445.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back