For those with small children

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 4 year old daughter and a 4 week old son.

The situation has arisen recently where we (the parents) have needed to discuss our daughter's private front area with her. We decided on the word 'f a n n y', thinking it was a mild term but both sets of grandparents have expressed horror at this (this site asteriks it out too). One Nan said she thinks we should call it a "wee-wee" which I think is ridiculous, while the other Nan said it just never came up what to call it. I don't like the word "vagina" because this refers to the canal, not the front area. "Vulva" and "pudenda" both seem too scientific.

Any ideas? What do/did you call it?

Sponsored Links
I believe in calling a **** a **** :) apart from that we called our daughters a Flossy dunno why tho :eek:
that begs the question why do most parents refrain from calling a penis a penis :?: oh well must go and point Peter at the porcelain or should I say " winky " ;) :D

Sponsored Links
Our 5 yr old decided for herself some time ago to refer to her 'front bottom'...she's happy with that, and it will do until it needs to get a bit more 'descriptive'

notb665 said:
Deluks said:
Axe wound :evil:

For a 4 year old? Are you sure?
too young for a war wound :confused: Fanny is another Americanism :rolleyes: originally Fanny Hunt.........like Sweeney Todd, Ruby Murray,Harry Monk et. al

F A N N Y. :eek: ...for a 4 year old....i am with the grandparents (although i do believe its got nothing to do with them)

i have a 5 year old and she calls it a tuppence

scatmanjohn said:
F A N N Y. :eek: ...for a 4 year old....i am with the grandparents (although i do believe its got nothing to do with them)

i have a 5 year old and she calls it a tuppence

ok fair enough for f a n n y. I find tuppence extremely comedic.

Other names we have had suggested are "fairy", "mary" and "foo-foo".

Fairy or tuppence. F a n n y......urgh.

Sponsored Links
Back