Ford Fiesta Headlights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I've got a 1996 1.25 Zetec, Mark 4 Fiesta which has been garaged unused for 5 or 6 years. It's booked to be tested the day after tomorrow and the headlights weren't working. Fuses and relay are fine. I checked the easier to access offside bulb which was blown and so bought a couple of new ones. Offside now works, however, having got at the trickier nearside, the bulb there is fine so I have a wiring problem. I've got a live at the bulb which lights if I directly connect the neutral with a wire to the battery neutral. So I have a break in the wiring return after the bulb plug. Is there anything these cars are known for which I should look at first before I start pulling stuff out to check the loom? I think I'm going to connect the neutral of the nearside to the neutral of the offside with a wire running across the front just to get it through the test, but i intend selling this car quickly and would rather fix it properly if possible. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Do I understand that you have 12v+ on both lights but not an earth connection on the non working one? If so you can run a lead from the earthy side to any earth point on the car.

Peter

Yes of course! Makes more sense than running it over to the other side!

Sponsored Links
Back