Ford focus oil filler cap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well went to put some oil in my 2001 focus 1.8 zetec and I cant get the oil filler cap off just clicks and goes round but doesn't unscrew.
I have tried everything pushing down and turning both ways etc but nothing !
Any ideas thanks for any info.

Sponsored Links
I think you'll end up by smashing the cap and unscrewing the ratchet internals but give a Ford dealer a ring, and speak to the service manager, asking for advice. They will have seen this before.
Taking the rocker cover off will probably allow you to get this thing out.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I think you'll end up by smashing the cap and unscrewing the ratchet internals but give a Ford dealer a ring, and speak to the service manager, asking for advice. They will have seen this before.
Taking the rocker cover off will probably allow you to get this thing out.
Yep think so myself bloody modern cars.

Is that the cap with "7I0" on it??

Na its just got click click

The wife has the same motor. If I remember right you push down (hard) then turn anti-clockwise. It's like a medicine bottle type thing action stuff

Well for anyone who has the same problem it's easily resolved with a pair of water pump grips, lever off the top with click marked on it to reveal the inards which will be mangled but all caught in the filler plug itself , then open your grips fit around neck and unscrew (making sure you dont grab the rocker box ) .
Screw in the new cap or if your a tight wad reuse the old one but keep your grips handy :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back