Foreign aid

Yes you can but the fact still remains , we export quite a lot to Ireland and without this trade the economy will take a hit.
How much is that trade worth every year I dont know, was the bail out an investment? probably.
If the trade links were severed would they reopen when Ireland recovers? Or would Ireland seek its imports elsewhere from perhaps a cheaper source?

I dont claim to know a lot about international trade but it seems like a fair assumption.

Sponsored Links
Why do you try and stir up after every post I make sooey? Have you nothing better to do?
Its getting tiresome and boring now.

Actually, I was stating a fact.

the Irish were relying on the English then to bail them out....160 odd years later......we're still doing it.

Basically what your last post boils down to is that we have to give Ireland the money so that they can buy things from us. You make it sound like a third world banana republic.
Never mind paddy, just be grateful that we let you come over here for a job..... and keep sending the spuds back to your family. :mrgreen:

If you find this tiresome and boring, feel free to go away and do something else.

the UK exports more to Ireland than it does to China, Brazil, Russia and India put together. Ireland has to be able pay for these exports, if it cant the uk economy suffers.

Problem with that argument is, Ireland have just been bailed out by Europe. The UK contributed heavily towards this anyway.
The only thing the UK gets from Ireland in return are travelling hordes terrorising the UK countryside with planning applications put in on the Friday before a Bank holiday. Paying no tax, contributing absolutely nothing to the economy, or society and making local communities suffer, then pick up the tab for clear ups when they leave ;) ;) ;)

Don't forget the guiness jj..............though why we can't just drain our own peat bogs I'll never know.

Sponsored Links
Around 19 billion a year, I wouldn't buy British though , its usually peesh poor quality rubbish.
And lets face it, britian needs to keep whatever trade links it can due to its manufacturing industry being crap and the quality of its products being complete rubbish.
rover for instance. Even land rover went to india to ensure the products quality kept up to scratch.

Around 19 billion a year

Nah...they don't send us that many gypos.

I wouldn't buy British though , its usually peesh poor quality rubbish.
And lets face it, britian needs to keep whatever trade links it can due to its manufacturing industry being crap and the quality of its products being complete rubbish.
rover for instance. Even land rover went to india to ensure the products quality kept up to scratch.

And yet paddy, here you are. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Around 19 billion a year

Nah...they don't send us that many gypos.

:

Very well thought out and intelligent post there sooey.

Yes here I am , earning money, and when I am done I like many many other people will be taking my money out of the uk and spending it elsewhere. Food out of your children's mouths basically. :LOL:

Very well thought out and intelligent post there sooey.

Yes, it was a sideways critique of the fact that you're 19 billion comment was not referenced to anything, and so, meant nothing. Perhaps it was a little too intelligent for you, not to mention subtle. :rolleyes:

Yes here I am , earning money, and when I am done I like many many other people will be taking my money out of the uk and spending it elsewhere. Food out of your children's mouths basically

Well, you're only doing what generations of paddies have done before you I suppose. It's not as if we're asking for gratitude or anything, just stop blowing our fckn pubs up.

Its not just us paddys mate , its everyone with sense , you wouldnt know about it though , being from liverpool and having a ponys tail and all. You dont have to live in poverty you know sooey, or thinking about it perhaps its better that you do.
We blow up your pubs , you pay us millions. touch. :LOL:

How old did you say you were again? I'd have expected something a little more coherent from a grown up.

My apologies , I guess when you are dealing with a ****** its easy to get dragged down to their level

The more feeble minded the individual, the easier it would be. Anyway ******* where you come from are usually top of the class aren't they?

Why do you always try and make fun of where I come from brookside? Is that the best you can do?
If you were even remotely interesting I might entertain you some more , but you arnt , so I wont.

Sponsored Links
Back