Foul air

McD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an en-suite on the ground floor with a shower waste connected into a 2" cast iron waste which drains an upstairs bath and sink.

The problem is that when the bath upstairs drains it pushes foul air back up through the shower waste.

I have checked for blockages and everything seems alright.

Any thoughts on how to resolve it would be most appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Many options probable causes? Too long a branchg from stack vent, or no vent at all, combined with or as well as not sufficient (75mm) water level in shower trap, or no shower trap.

One possible solution is :
hepvo trap in line with shower.
hepvo trap as aav somewhere in shower room (above basin hight).

GFailing that ask a dentist.

a stupid suggestion perhaps... is the shower used often enough to keep its trap full?

Sponsored Links
The trap is a DELMAR wet room type and is used on a daily basis. from the shower it goes directly through a three foot outside wall to connect into a vented 2" cast iron stack (about 6' in total from trap to stack).

I thought about the Hepvo trap but I dont think they come in 50mm although I suppose I could reduce it.

I would ask the dentist but he is private and charges by the minute.

Any more suggestions most welcome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back