Foundations for a New Build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just started digging up earth for the foundations of a games room that I would like to build at the bottom of the garden.

Now upon digging the earth up water has come up into the foundations, while talking to the neighbour it appears that a few years ago a river used to flow very close to the end of all the gardens. which was diverted when the M11 was built.
Now what i need to know is should I continue with the build?

the fact that there appears to be water quiet high up under the soil will a building structure be safe/secure?

any help appreciatted

Sponsored Links
Presumably if you're building a structure requiring that sort of foundation at the bottom of your garden you've got planning permission, and building regs approval? If so just ask the building inspector what he want's you to do. After all he'll have to inspect and sign off the work...

He has Suggested pumping the water out, once the water has been cleared only then will he come for a site inspection

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back