Fox Hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
In fact the opposite is the case, the evidence submitted in favour of the ban on hunting with dogs won the argument.

You know full well that hunting still continues because the ban is unworkable,and if you don't then your organisation is crap at what it pro- ports to do.

Yes hunting with dogs still goes on but it's still illegal, hunters who flout the law are criminals.

Workable? What makes it unworkable? Oh yes, we have rural areas were you see police and judges etc who follow the hunt. Conviction rates are on the up and pressure is coming from all sides to make sure the law is upheld. Until that day come sabs will be out collecting evidence and presenting it to the police.

You for one should know the movement won't just walk away ;)

What a lot don't realise is the amount that antis have cost the country.
Money that may well have been spent on more worthwhile project.
Instead that money has gone to put right damage and time lost due to their reckless and dangerous campaigns.

What money is this then, what damage?

Whatever the form of hunting pursued in this country, it will contribute £1000000s of pound into the economy. Not only that it has and still does employ 1000s.

We are talking about hunting with hounds here are we not? Have you any literature to support all this cash the hunt generates?

Acre upon acre of moor land are now sustaining more wild lief than ever, thanks to land owners and game keepers.

Is this native wildlife?
Rivers condition are constantly improving thanks to anglers feed back.

Nothing to do with the environmental agencies and the mass of conservation orgs? Or government legislation to prevent pollution from farmers and industry?

The list of improvement and economy created by country sport is enormous and is on going.

In all farness the antis have also contributed.
Approximately 700hrs wasted discussing the Hunting act in parliament.

Waste of time for who, you the hunter...?

It is likely that repeal will be successful.

Still waiting.

Contribute nothing to the country side and nothing to the economy

Shot in the dark me thinks.

Terrorise members of staff working for certain companies.

And always will if they have a connection to the abuse industry.

Deface several properties.

Don't have a problem with it myself.

Letter bombs sent to certain companies.

Hoaxes

Damaged businesses.

tactic that works very well

Let loose non native animals.

That argument is lost.

Terrorise people legally pursuing country sport.

Right to protest is still alive in England, only just.

Imagine what that cost in police wages.

Maybe people should stop hunting with dogs, it would save us a lot of tax cash.

Out of nearly 90 prosecutions served against hunters only 3-4 prosecutions were sucsesful. That must of cost a lot.
More sabotures have been prosecute. (then again jail birds dont care)

"Ministry of Justice figures indicate that between 2005 and 2010, a total of 260 people have been prosecuted under the Hunting Act 2004, and 183 have been found guilty. Six of the 183 convictions involve employees of registered hunts, involving four separate hunts.

We understand that the majority of these prosecutions were for minor offences such as ratting or rabbiting

without the landowner’s permission.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/rural/countryside/hunting/

Many more conviction between 2010 and today, the rate went up

Detailed figures for 2011 prosecutions will be released by the Ministry of Justice on 24th May 2012."

You own a Lurcher?

Sponsored Links
Very well edited videos, fair play to the camera man. Shame they are a bit out of date. ;)

Edited video? You do know how petty that sounds don't you? Clutching at straws me thinks. Do you want some more up to date videos? I just plucked a few off youtube, it was quicker.

Any one thats daft enough to trespass and refuse to leave private land don't deserve to be treated politely.

Sabs use footpaths and bridal ways until they see illegal activity or are run off by hunters on horses. But the reason most cases for trespass fail is because the hunt didn't have permission to be on the land in the first place or they were there illegally hunting... Most convictions under the hunting act are for hunters hunting with dogs on land without permission, mainly lampers...

Not only that, it just shows their lack of care for animals. Who in their right mind would scream. shout and play electronic noises in front of a horse and rider.

The hunt master screams at the hounds (have you been hunting?) along with the rest of the hunt when the hounds go into cry. The hunt scream across the field sounding the horn, cracking whips etc It's a strange sight to see. Sabs mimic the hunt in order to take control of the pack. I don't have a clue what these electronic sounds are unless you refer to the recording devices I've seen use once of twice. These are recordings of horns and dogs in cry that are played. All hunt masters have their own way of sounding off the horn so recordings are made. I've only ever seen it used once since we have a few good sabs out there who know all the hunts horn commands.

I would be interested to know who in there right mind would allow hounds and horses to run up and down main roads and railway tracks, in people garden killing pets and distressing farmers stock...?

As for hunting with dogs and on horse back my feelings are neutral.
I personally don't like horses, but don't go out of my way to obstruct people who ride them. If they want to hunt so be it.

The is not the reason for the obstruction, hunting down an animal is, so keep to drag hunting and the obstruction will stop, keep to breaking the law and it will continue.

I shoot, and fish and will not be threatened by some pathetic tree hugger, especially as they never have permission to be on the occupied land.

Left alone I go on about my business quietly. If threatened by antis then I wont hesitate to dial 999, or if needs must will defend my self with minimum but legal force.

Did you get a rush of testosterone when writing this?

The antis are a minority group of trouble makers that seem to draw attention to themselves and their behavior, sad really, but who cares. I don't.

You obviously do care judging from the many irrational rants you post.

Minority? You ever heard of the RSPCA? You never heard that England is a land of animal lovers? England is a nation of animal welfare supporters and animal rightists, hunters are very much in the minority in this country.

When a fox kills 200 of your chickens and eats one, if you get the chance you shoot him, and his mates. A fox will kill for fun, farmers kill them to protect there livestock. Fox hunters and the fox just kill for fun.

"False: This accusation is untrue: foxes do not kill for fun. Most animals need to find food every day to survive. Some nights are better than others in terms of food for a fox so, given the opportunity, foxes will always kill surplus food and cache (bury) it, to eat on another night when hunting is less good. This is a very successful strategy for surviving in the wild.

However, when a fox breaks into a hen house it is surrounded by easily caught prey. Its normal behaviour, and a good survival strategy is to kill all prey available and try to cache it. Given the option, the fox will come back for the remaining corpses and cache them. The solution is easy: securely house your animals."

I like this bit...

"The majority of people like foxes. In a survey about wildlife in their garden completed by nearly 4000 household across Britain, 65.7% liked urban foxes, 25.8% had no strong views and only 8.5% disliked urban foxes. In a recent survey by The Mammal Society, foxes were voted one of the most popular British mammals."

http://www.thefoxwebsite.org/attitudes/commonmyths.html

Funny how hunters have no clue about our native wildlife..? Or at least the ones on this forum....

Is fox hunting all about protecting farm stock or fox control..?

"However, the big releases into the countryside occurred in the early 1800s, soon after modern hunting had been developed by Hugo Meynell. There was a shortage of foxes for hunting, and so there was a thriving trade importing foxes from the continent for sale at Leadenhall Market in London. Some of these imports were even young wolves. Foxes were also caught in Scotland and Wales, where there were few mounted hunts, for sale to English packs. These foxes were called "bagmen" and were often recaptured, to be hunted again on another day. To preserve fox numbers, hunts also recompensed farmers for losses caused by foxes, and paid gamekeepers for each litter of cubs reared on their land. This led to a significant increase in fox numbers in the latter part of the 1800s, and is one reason why hunts claim that, if it was not for them, foxes would have been eliminated in many parts of Britain."

I don't think so some how.

When a fox kills 200 of your chickens and eats one, if you get the chance you shoot him, and his mates. A fox will kill for fun, farmers kill them to protect there livestock. Fox hunters and the fox just kill for fun.

"False: This accusation is untrue: foxes do not kill for fun. Most animals need to find food every day to survive. Some nights are better than others in terms of food for a fox so, given the opportunity, foxes will always kill surplus food and cache (bury) it, to eat on another night when hunting is less good. This is a very successful strategy for surviving in the wild.

However, when a fox breaks into a hen house it is surrounded by easily caught prey. Its normal behaviour, and a good survival strategy is to kill all prey available and try to cache it. Given the option, the fox will come back for the remaining corpses and cache them. The solution is easy: securely house your animals."

I like this bit...

"The majority of people like foxes. In a survey about wildlife in their garden completed by nearly 4000 household across Britain, 65.7% liked urban foxes, 25.8% had no strong views and only 8.5% disliked urban foxes. In a recent survey by The Mammal Society, foxes were voted one of the most popular British mammals."

http://www.thefoxwebsite.org/attitudes/commonmyths.html

Funny how hunters have no clue about our native wildlife..? Or at least the ones on this forum....

so why did we lose 200 chickens in one night 199 were dead and one was taken so do not say "False: This accusation is untrue" you do not know what you are talking about

merlin50

Why worry about losing a few chickens. The tree huggers couldnt care less.

As peaps keeps reminding us the fox does not kill for fun.

Best place for a fox is

The antis have their opinion, but in reality the fox has been, and will always be a vicious killer.

As for the fox regulating themselves, hes bang on there.
As soon as one is exterminated another will take his place and the cycle is never ending. As long as they keep turning up uninvited they will be regulated ;)
With out the intervention of man the fox will no doubt multiply to an epidemic proportion.

so why did we lose 200 chickens in one night 199 were dead and one was taken so do not say "False: This accusation is untrue" you do not know what you are talking about

They killed you hens because you didn't secure them...

You have no way of knowing when the fox did the dead or if it was a fox, could have been a badger. a fox will kill all it can get hold of and in a confined area it's easy. If you would have left the hens for a while they would have gone, simple.

The fox isn't at fault, you are for not looking after your hens.

Foxes are scum.

They serve no purpose what so ever, and do not deserve to live in the same world as us. If anything, they are the scraps on God's cutting room floor, and it is our duty to annihilate them. If we can get some enjoyment or sport out of killing these vermin, then good.

the more of this rubbish i read the more i want to go out and shoot something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back