FP715 Danfoss programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder whether you guys can help me. I have a Danfoss FP715 programmer that has suddenly stopped working. Both the LED status indicator lights do not come on whatever buttons I press. The rest of the display works normally except that there is what looks like a battery that is flashing next to the CH Status Indicator light. I have looked and there is a mention of a fuse how do i replace this and how do i check that the programmer is connected to the mains and working correctly.I have had the programmer for 9 years and have had no problems with it in the past.My Worcester boiler has power going through it but i am unable to get this to work due to the programmer not working correctly

Sponsored Links
IF no lights and battery flashing you have lost power to the clock . Check the fuse

ARE you sure there is power to the boiler , take it its a normal boiler as opposed to combi

Exactly as namsag has said, but depending on what boiler you have, the power going to it could be the permanent live, where as the programmer and other controls are supplying the switched live.

This is a Worcester Heatslave Condenser boiler and the light is still showing as working correctly.How and where is the fuse that I may need to change.I have looked in the fascia of the programmer but there is no fuse in there.

Sponsored Links
IF no lights and battery flashing you have lost power to the clock . Check the fuse

ARE you sure there is power to the boiler , take it its a normal boiler as opposed to combi

Yes there is power to the boiler as the mains light to the Worcester Heatslave Boiler is still on.Where is the fuse i need to change and how do i get to it?I have looked in the fascia of the programmer and there does not appear to be a fuse here to change.

You have lost power to the programmer. What the battery symbol is telling you is that now the timer program is under control of internal battery (which will in few days loose power)

Thanks for that but do you have any idea where the fuse is that i need to replace to get the programmer working again?I am afraid i am a novice and have never had to do anything like this before.

Unless you have had a wire pulled out or the clock has unusaully broke inside itself your system is wired wrong because one part of system (boiler)should not be getting power if a fuse has blown to clock it should all be off the same fused spur.
get someone out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back