Fred Dibna

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK some lighter stuff today, im sure he's been discussed on here before but trawling my bookmarks the other night came across this again. This chap is an absolute old skool legend i know, a very modest one too, far more intelligent than he likes to make out.
What i just cant get over is how little he bangs those dogs into the brickwork.. ffs i would be using large fast setting epoxy plugs all the way up!

Sponsored Links
I can't even watch the videos, they make my hands sweat, and I start feeling physically sick. Yes, he was a clever if undereducated man, and a talented artist. It's Dibnah BTW.

Love those chimney videos. Not sure I'd be so keen to have a go.

Not Fred Dibnah, but John Noakes on Blue Peter but this one always makes me go cold. 'Elf 'n' safety would have a blue fit these days. There’s none whatsoever!

Sponsored Links
Pah! you bunch a pussies!

Looks fun does that.
I wanna change the bulb on top of one of those really high antennas, but my body would not get me up there... :)

There's a worse one of Noakes where he climbs to the stop of a tall ships mast, and stands on the "finial" at the top.. There's is no way on earth I could either do or would try to do that.

A mate of mine worked for a company that ran radio aerial sites.

He worked with some riggers at batersea power station.

The riggers fitted ladders up one of the towers, they screwed a ladder on, with some bolts at the bottom, climbed up the ladder then bolted the top.......then onto the next.

Not for me!

Those videos of Fred going up steeples, hard to watch :eek:

That looks awesome fun BAS... I wish I were 20 years younger and 5 stone lighter.. :)

Sponsored Links
Back