Free school meals

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sombrero

What's this about? We've all just lost child benefit and family credits. And poor families already have free dinners for kids.. so why dish out £0.5billion to well off families with 5-7 year olds?

Sponsored Links
The only thing I can guess at is that they think that this is giving something directly to the intended recipient (the kids) by making sure that they get at least one decent meal a day rather than filtering it past the parents wants or needs. Whether they're rich or poor doesn't mean to say that the kids necessarily get fed properly.
Having said that I'm not keen on the "nanny state" in whatever form.

This is a "vote lib dem" policy, nothing more.

Not even their idea either, labour kicked it off years ago.

No such thing as a free lunch...

Clegg will be remembered as the traitor who allowed the £9k a year University charge through!

Sponsored Links
This is a "vote lib dem" policy, nothing more.

Not even their idea either, labour kicked it off years ago.

Yes. The Limp Dems are becoming increasingly desperate as their support becomes thinner.

I'd very much like UKIP to take their place as our 'third party'.

Libs well and truly shot their bolt after the last election, just desperate to get their noses past the door of number 10.
It will be another 15 - 20 years before they can persuade a new naive generation of voters to believe them

I reckon they've done a good job at moderating the worst of the Tory party. The Lib Dems have a role to play. They can do the same with labour too.

Don Chip (Australian Democrats) played the same role in Oz years ago., His election promise was to 'Keep the Bast*rds honest'.

I am in total support of free school meals. I would also bring in free school milk for the children.

By all means bring back school milk but please provide refrigeration!
I can remember those bottles of school milk that were luke warm where they had been standing in summer :cry:

Oh and cod liver oil capsules too!

I can remember those bottles of school milk that were luke warm where they had been standing in summer :cry:

It sounds flippin' orrible!

I remember an advert that had the slogan "ain't milk brill"

Yes, I remember those days. I was made to drink cod liver oil from a spoon by my mum. I can still remember the nauseous taste.

Not sure about the free meals for all. I would give all kids a free breakfast though.

I am in total support of free school meals. I would also bring in free school milk for the children.

Free school milk, free school meals.

These are policies for a developing nation, not one that is already rich (and gives various benefits to parents), can anyone really not afford to give their kids healthy meals?

Free school milk, free school meals.

These are policies for a developing nation, not one that is already rich (and gives various benefits to parents), can anyone really not afford to give their kids healthy meals?

Sadly, and unbelievably in the UK, the answer to your question is YES.

Aaron is forgetting that a rich nation can have poor people in it.

We had a recent case of a child who starved and was beaten to death by his mother, even though he attended school regularly.

We hope that is very rare, but there are inadequate parents around who for one reason or another might not feed their children properly and might not pay for a school meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back