Free standing tall larder unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a free standing kitchen tall larder cabinet 2200mm x 600mm x 600mm. I have to secure it somehow to avoid being tipped.
The unit is standing next to a brick wall but 20mm away due to pipes.
It didn't come with any fixings at the back of the unit, there are pipes makes 70mm gap at the back.
The other side of the unit is a free standing fridge.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Fit infill panel to side wall and secure to that.
70mm timber batten fix to wall at rear and fix to that.
Thanks for reply.
Side panels of unit is 2150mm Length, 560mm wide and 18mm thickness. What size panel should I use? Plywood? 18mm or need thicker? OR can't I use 2 battens instead, 2000mm length by 40mm wide and 25mm depth and screw unit to it?

The back panel is secured to frame by staples, 8mm chipboard fitted in side panels grooves not too stable, do you think better of 2 right angled brackets on other side panel screwed to back wall would do?

Last edited:
or you can notch the side panels to fit round the pipes.

Sponsored Links
It is an option but will weaken the structure of the unit

because of the way kitchen cabinets are made, it would have to be an enormously huge notch to make any difference.

Thanks for reply.
Side panels of unit is 2150mm Length, 560mm wide and 18mm thickness. What size panel should I use? Plywood? 18mm or need thicker? OR can't I use 2 battens instead, 2000mm length by 40mm wide and 25mm depth and screw unit to it?

The back panel is secured to frame by staples, 8mm chipboard fitted in side panels grooves not too stable, do you think better of 2 right angled brackets on other side panel screwed to back wall would do?
I would use a strip of colour matched plinth.

Cut 4 little squares of the back panel and fit suitable angle brackets.
If you don't find long ones, pieces of wood on the wall and then brackets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back