freesat in a flat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just moved into a flat (which is about 7 years old)

The tv reception is pretty bad, only a handful of channels and the break up a lot, so satellite seems a way forward.

There are two satellite sockets on the wall in a socket that contains lots of other things - phone, normal aerial etc. And a notice on it saying to use this call sky on xxxxx

Now my preference would be freesat, how likely is it that the socket is wired in and would work fine with freesat? Is there anyway to test it before buying a freesat box?

Thanks
Matt

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have just moved into a flat (which is about 7 years old)

The tv reception is pretty bad, only a handful of channels and the break up a lot, so satellite seems a way forward.
Why not get the landlord to fix the aerial/wiring?

There are two satellite sockets on the wall in a socket that contains lots of other things - phone, normal aerial etc. And a notice on it saying to use this call sky on xxxxx

Now my preference would be freesat, how likely is it that the socket is wired in and would work fine with freesat? Is there anyway to test it before buying a freesat box?

Connect any old Sky Digibox (free from Freecycle) and see if it displays any of the free programmes. If it does, then a Freesat box will work.

It's likely all the flats will be supplied by one communal dish. If your neighbours are picking up Sky or Freesat, then there's no reason to believe you wouldn't get it as well.

Sponsored Links
If your neighbours are picking up Sky or Freesat, then there's no reason to believe you wouldn't get it as well.
There's a very good reason. Very often the cable won't be connected at the "head end" or multiswitch. Hence my recommendation to test it with a Digibox.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back