Freeze proof outside tap

Does anyone know if you can get such a thing in the United Kingdom? Something like the following

http://www.merrillmfg.com/product/10-WallFaucets/MA-MF/MA-features.htm

Seems such a good idea to me. Presumably one imported from North America would not have appropriate approvals and the 3/4" MIP connector is not going to be much use in the UK, though some Googling indicates that appropriate quick connect adapters are available.

Thoughts?

Despite the unpleasantness of some members of this site when I originally posted this I am going to follow up.

I have recently found this exact model for sale in the UK

http://www.felthorpelawnmowers.co.uk/merrill-frost-proof-outside-wall-tap-mf-series-603-p.asp

They only seem to sell them with a 12" stem, but after measuring that is just the length I would need. As I have not yet got around to doing the kitchen and the outside tap still needs attention due to the lack of a double check valve I took the plunge and purchased one.

As I now have it in my hands I can confirm that the tap connector bit is the same as used on a standard British outside tap. At least the brass quick connector from my existing outside tap screws on perfectly. The thread on the inside connection would also appear to be identical to the one used on standard British tap connectors and 15mm compression joints. Consequently it will be a snap to install.

To my mind a really neat bit of design and engineering to solve the issue of frozen external taps. As a result the geek inside me just had to have one :)

I guess if these where standard in the U.K. there would have been a lot less burst pipes over the last two winters as well :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back