Freezer Feet and Intermittent Failure

bsr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a Candy CFU130 /1K (built-in freezer).

Recently I've had a few temperature warning alarms, mostly (but not all) sort themselves out by putting the freezer on 'boost'. Yesterday it happened again.

I took the freezer out to clean the condenser coils and look for any issues. There's a bit of corrosion around the cold pipe from the compressor but nothing else. The PCB looks mint. On a couple of occasions the fan has been running but not the compressor. The compressor gets quite hot to the touch.

Any ideas what this could be? How do I test for an intermittent relay / compressor / PCB failure? My other half is getting annoyed with the buzzer going off at night (always seems to be at night).

Also, I managed to break both the rear feet getting it out. Any suggestions where I can get the feet at a sensible price? They're nearly £20 for two on the interweb!

Thanks

bsr

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back