Freezing Cold due to Woodburning/Multifuel Stove handle faulty and rope messed up

There’s usually a lot of cast iron used in stoves, and the best thread for holding in this material is the British Standard Whitworth or BSW, hence my comment earlier.
And yes, I really need to get out more!
John

Sponsored Links
I've got an older Dunsley Highlander 5 stove, it uses 12mm rope so I bought a 25m drum of good quality rope.
Rope is a consumable, handy to have it in stock, and it wasn't expensive for the full roll

@Burnerman - Haha, you and me both need to get out more :LOL:

@scbk - Why 25m? I mean the rope should last around 5 years at least and with 25m drum, it'll last you your entire life. Also what type of rope have you bought? Do you have a link? Thanks

I have the stove on for 6mths of the year all the time I'm in the house, I just change the rope when it needs it, which is probably once a year.

Hotspot is a good brand, when I bought it was £32 for the roll

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much for the links and info @scbk and @Burnerman - I've already ordered from Dunsley, but if they don't dispatch the items soon, I'll order them from here. Problem I have is that I can only find Dunsley selling the handle that I need and any other places are out of stock, so I'm kind of stuck with them.

My big apologies for not reply sooner. Just had one issue after another. I just came back to say a big thank you to:-
@Burnerman @SFK @freddiemercurystwin @scbk

Door handle - SFK was spot-on about the door locking plate. It is supposed to be a sharp 90-degree angle, but this had bent so it was more like 150 degree. In turn this meant that the door handle instead of normally being restricted by how much it could turn, the handle was spinning around. This subsequently caught the old rope and ripped it.

The good news is that it's been fixed with a replacement and I've also managed to clean/repair/replace the rope.

Much appreciated everyone and have a good day! :giggle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back