Freezing Cold water - Electric Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

My electric shower (Creda 650) is only giving very cold water. There is power to it. I noticed the water coming from the shower was getting hotter and hotter and then all of a sudden we only have cold water. Any ideas what part / parts i should order to fix it?

I was told if the problem is with a heating element i would get luke warm water because there is more than one element?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Regards
Carl

Sponsored Links
The fuse could have blown, have you checked it.
Yes it could be the element, it could be safety cut out.
Its not a diy job.

the water coming from the shower was getting hotter and hotter and then all of a sudden we only have cold water

Was the water flow reducing as it was getting hotter ?

If the answer is yes then the water control valve may have packed up and then when the water got too hot the thermal safety trip operated to cut the power.

Definately not a DIY job for the in-experienced.

Thanks for the reply's.

Answers to your questions are as follows

Was the water flow reducing as it was getting hotter

I dont recall the water flow reducing which is normally the case when we turn the temperature up, strangely enough the water flow is reducing when i turn the temperature dial but up but the water is constantly cold.

The fuse could have blown, have you checked it.

Wouldnt the shower stop working all together if a fuse had blown. There is a switch on the wall that turns the electric supply to the shower off. If i flick this switch to the off position the shower doesnt work at all (No water).

Do you thinks its worth me swapping the thermal cut out for a new part? Cost is £17.00 against £250.00 for a new like for like shower unit.

Sponsored Links
As said not a diy job, but if you are competent give it a go.
If you have a meter you can check the element & the cut out.
30 plus years ago, my cut keept braking, I used to take it to work, get it spot welded & refit it

Maybe the shower head has slowly got bunged up with limescale over time, slowly reducing the maximum flow until the thermal cutout pops

Hi

Did you ever figure out the problem? I have the same shower (650) with exactly the same problem and don't know what is wrong.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back