freezing pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A large pipe run in my house is through a roof space. The pipes are wrapped in some kind of insulation wrap and i have fitted new foam insulation where none was previously. Trouble is all these pipes runs are in a tight corner between ceiling and wall so normal pipe lagging can't be applied. Can loft insuation be tucked into the corner to help or is there something else i can lay on the pipes to help them not freeze?

Sponsored Links
They're feeding mains cold and tank fed hot services. It's the cold that freezes normally and when flushing the toilet it coughs and judders until the water starts flowing so it's not freezing solid. (The toilet is the last run for this pipe and before it is a T for a basin)

Sponsored Links
There are these devices (cant remember the name) and you attach it to the pipe and it sends a low electrical current through the pipework which takes the chill off the pipes to prevent freezing.

You will have to google them though, I don't know the price range either sorry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back