French doors with low aluminium threshold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I ordered 2 sets of french doors and specified low aluminium thresholds. The problem ive got it that when they have arrived the low threshold has its own cill, and they have also provided 2 UPVC cills. the total measurements for the space for the doors is only made up when I put the door ontop of the upvc cill, in essence having 2 cills. This isn't what I was expecting as the low thresholds I've seen are exactly that, only thresholds, with no cill. Is this normal?

Sponsored Links
Pictures please but if you do away with the pvc cill then you have 30mm to make up, maybe a 30mm frame extender to the head or 20mm and bed the cill on some mortar

I'll get some pictures in the morning, I'm still at work. it's going into a timber frame so I could make up the gap like you said

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back