French Telephone circuits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone know or knows where to find, a french telephone wiring circuit diagrams.

I have the main french telecom cable (2 wires) coming in to a junction box, then a 4 pair cable leaving, going to the only socket/outlet. The socket has just 2 terminals used ie grey and white wires connected to terminals 1 and 3 respectively.

I would like to fit a second socket/outlet, my question is, can i connect it from the main junction box or do i have connect in series from the existing socket ie as in UK master and slave.

I have searched the internet and found the diagram for wiring the socket but not how to make the circuit.

Sponsored Links
although its french it still follows the same rules of physics, so connect in paralell as you see (may not ring though)

phones are always wired in paralell. two wires are used from the exchange and a capacitor is used to extract the AC ringing signal from the DC line voltage. Depending on local practice this capacitor may either be in the phone or in the fixed phone wiring (in which case you may need to take a ringing wire from the master socket to your extentions as you do in the uk) i don't know how the french do it.

finally you probablly wan't to check out local rules on who owns/is allowed to touch what. Here in the uk you aren't supposed to touch bts wiring but only connect your extentions though either a plug in adaptor or the lower panel of a NTE5. but theese rules are frequently ignored and bt don't seem to bother too much about it.

Sponsored Links
thanks all

just for info does anyone know what the other 6 wires are for ?? as on the 'LEGRAND' website for 'prise telephone' I found a wiring diagram with specific coloured wires going to specific terminals.

Back