Frequent Home Power Cuts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I frequently get power cuts every few days. I don't have a clue what is causing it? It just happens at random?

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Do your neighbours suffer from them as well or is it an RCD tripping within your installation? If it is your supply that is cutting out, then contact your DNO or the company who send you your electricity bills and tell them about the issue.

"I frequently received power cuts every few days. I don't have a clue what is causing it? It just happens radomly?? "

I give up - are you a robot?

Sponsored Links
AzimScot said:
Hi,

I frequently received power cuts every few days. I don't have a clue what is causing it? It just happens radomly??

Any suggestions?

Let's try some punctuation:

I frequently received 'Power Cuts'. Every few days, I don't have a clue. What is causing it? It just happens! Radomly??

Any suggestions?

Yeah. See a psychiatrist :LOL:

be nice you guys.. he comes here asking for help and gets abuse over punctuation and lack of information..

anyway.., we will need more information before we can give suggestions as to cause and cure for your problem...

there were a few topics recently which delt with recurring trips of rcd's after some minor work.. try taking alook at them as there were usefull tips for trying to see if there was a pattern or cause..

well, it is really difficult to find the problem causing the power cuts. I guess it maybe to do with one of the sockets in the house, but I have so many of them it's impossible to tell, which one is causing the power cuts??

So it is a fuse or RCD within your installation that is cutting the power rather than a loss of power coming into your house? Are you losing power to the whole house or just certain circuits?

AzimScot said:
well, it is really difficult to find the problem causing the power cuts. I guess it maybe to do with one of the sockets in the house, but I have so many of them it's impossible to tell, which one is causing the power cuts??

do you have a fuse or mcb that blows or needs reseting when the power goes!!!!!

does it happen at any specific time or when somthing in your house starts up or stops !!!!

are you in a particular room or area when it happens!!!!!

dos it happen at a particular time of day !!!!

are any of your neibours effected!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back