Friction stays with locking handle...help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - I have bought a 1980's house which has these rather snazzy Swedish windows. These have a handle that controls a friction type stay which means they can be completely locked in any position which is useful out here where it often blows a gale. Also they have a child proof lever used in conjunction with the handle to stop little ones from opening or closing partially opened windows.
I need to replace some of the windows and am keen to keep these features but I am having trouble trying to source the hardware as the firms I have approached have not heard of anything similar. Can anyone help me find a good quality manufacturer/supplier of these fittings or even tell me their proper technical name?
cheers
John

Sponsored Links
As they say pictures are worth a thousand words, but if you are replacing windows can you not simply swap the furnature over?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back