Fridge compressor turning sky box off?!?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a mini fridge and a sky box running off the same double socket, but have noticed that when the fridge reaches temperature, and the compressor switches off, it turns off (or at least interrupts) the sky box, so I have to put it in standby and turn it back on again.

Any idea what could be causing this? Could it be signal interference, or a sudden surge to the box?

Sponsored Links
The most likely cause is that when the thermostat in the fridge turns off the compresser it generates interference which will either be fed round the wiring or as a radio signal through the air whatever it is, it will go somewhere.

This interference hits the skyblx and can disrupt the electronics in the skybox and/or the aerial signal causing the skybox to blank out momentarily. Different devices react differently to such interference...last time I opened a sky device I did see some interference circuitry... what model skybox is it?

Try a different socket... Or you can find a interference supression socket.

Edit: Sky's devices are not cheaply built so it's probably your fridge that's causing it.

It’s a sky q mini box. I’ll have a look for a socket, thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back