Fridge not getting cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Baumatic BL18A built under larder fridge that isn't getting cold enough. It has been working fine until just before Christmas and then we noticed that the butter wasn't as hard and the milk was going off ect. Before I throw it away(it is only 3 years old) is there anything that I can do to fix it.
Everything seems ok at the back ie the compressor and pipes don't look to be leaking and are nice and clean.
It seems a shame to throw it away being as it is only 3 years old and if I can fix it we could use it by putting it in another room that isn't being used.
I would appreciate any advice on this

Sponsored Links
Can you hear a click from the thermostat as you turn it up - and can you hear the compressor actually running?
John :)

Hi Burnerman,
When I switch the fridge dial round from 0 (off) to 1 the compressor switches on straight away. I cannot here anything else even when I turn it up to the max (7) I have left it running on 7 and put a thermometer inside to see if the temp goes down.( It didn't do before it wouldn't go lower than 16 degrees).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back