Friendly...slightly morbid thread

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So guys...what song would you like played at your funeral?

Quite a generic question, but i always find the results interesting.

Sponsored Links
J.S. Bach: Toccata, Adagio & Fugue in C: Prelude

It's not the "famous" one. Went to a Kissen recital a few years ago - this piece still haunts me.

Sponsored Links
J.S. Bach: Toccata, Adagio & Fugue in C: Prelude
It's not the "famous" one. Went to a Kissen recital a few years ago - this piece still haunts me.

You must love classical music then Dexty,, me too. This might sound boring to many, but listening to Radio 3,,,, yes Radio 3,, or Classic FM, every day while working, gives me great pleasure. I'm not keen on the heavy opera, but Mozart symphonies, Haydn, Beethoven, (especially the Pastoral), Dvorjac, , sacred music by Palastrina,, keyboard music by William Byrd,,, the list is endles. It turns my every working day into a pleasure. Roll on tomorrow. :LOL:

Siegfrieds funeral march from Götterdämmerung, what else. :)

Wotan

As it would be a crematorium service, the coffin will be sliding inexorably towards the curtain as the speakers play Elvis's 'Return to Sender', followed quickly by "Just a hunk, a hunka burnin love' and I don't even like Elvis......

Maybe Handels Water Music for the expected crowds to file out to.

DH

The last time by the Rolling Stones,in the crematorium as the coffin goes toward the curtain.

You must love classical music then Dexty,, me too. This might sound boring to many, but listening to Radio 3,,,, yes Radio 3,, or Classic FM, every day while working, gives me great pleasure. I'm not keen on the heavy opera, but Mozart symphonies, Haydn, Beethoven, (especially the Pastoral), Dvorjac, , sacred music by Palastrina,, keyboard music by William Byrd,,, the list is endles. It turns my every working day into a pleasure. Roll on tomorrow. :LOL:
Love piano music (mater ;) trained to become concert pianist before the war and subsequently "us" knocked that on the head). Never had the patience myself to practise - one of my biggest regrets :cry: :cry:

Quite a generic question, but i always find the results interesting.

Do you tend to ask that a lot then? Sounds like a great ice breaker. :LOL:
Skitz in a nightclub, to a girl - "And which sexual position do you prefer to frequent? I'm always interested in this holistic approach to getting a legover"

Sponsored Links
Back