Frogged bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is the cavity in frogged bricks present to reduce the amount of clay needed to make them? But it is then substituted with mortar so isn't that the same?

Or is it present to increase the surface area the adhesive mortar will join to (and a wedge) and thus achieve a better joint and more resistant to lateral forces?

Sponsored Links
All I know is that the mortar is there to keep the bricks apart and that a fishing net is a load of holes tied together with string.

to increase the surface area the adhesive mortar will join to (and a wedge) and thus achieve a better joint and more resistant to lateral forces?
Lol. W....T......F......F?
fDLfM20.gif

Sponsored Links
Ok, the paramedic has been and strapped my sides.

Imagine scraping a bit of unnecessary clay from a brick-shaped lump, so that every 5 lumps of clay you can make six bricks. And it makes the brick lighter for the poor chap laying them into the bargain.

I understood the frog indent in the brick mould forced the clay into the corners.

Can I cut up some OSB into spacers to keep the bricks apart, instead of employing a labourer to mix the compo?

It's there for many reasons, some of which not even brickies with 40+yrs of experience can ever hope to understand, so it's pointless going into them in any depth here :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back