From ignorant BMW owner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
To all you car buffs out there.
Just bought a CD Multichanger for my BMW 528i and it came with no magazine. So I bought one and inserted it to make sure it fitted.
Now my question is does the multichanger have to be powered up before it will eject this magazine? i.e. is it an electrical or mechanical operation?
I ask as where it is not in the car yet the magazine, once in , does not appear to want to come out again.
Yours

Sponsored Links
why can't you install it and find out?

Hi
To all you car buffs out there.
Just bought a CD Multichanger for my BMW 528i and it came with no magazine. So I bought one and inserted it to make sure it fitted.
Now my question is does the multichanger have to be powered up before it will eject this magazine? i.e. is it an electrical or mechanical operation?
I ask as where it is not in the car yet the magazine, once in , does not appear to want to come out again.
Yours
I would imagine, pressing the eject button on head unit may partially release the magazine, I don't know for sure, fit it and try?

Wotan

Without a doubt, it has to be powered up to eject the magazine. That reminds me, I think I have an old BMW one in the shed.

Sponsored Links
Ignorant BMW owner first needs to find out how to use the INDICATORS before using the RADIO. OR HOW to move over on the motorway when using the 3rd lane, when there is nothing in the 1st or second lane. He then needs to communicate this to his fellow BMW users, and should set an example.

Ignorant BMW owner first needs to find out how to use the INDICATORS before using the RADIO. OR HOW to move over on the motorway when using the 3rd lane, when there is nothing in the 1st or second lane. He then needs to communicate this to his fellow BMW users, and should set an example.

Another myth that everyone seems to adhere to.

Merc and Audi drivers are the worst I have seen

Another myth that everyone seems to adhere to.

When I had an Astra current/last gen with all the scratchy chrome on the tailgate? The indicators were awful, they didn't positively click on, the relay tick tick sounded like it came from a speaker, and sounded false, and they never self cancelled, so pull the lever in the opposite direction, and it indicated the opposite way, nightmare. Useless indicators, was best not to bother and use handsignals.

Worse still in my Celica, as some models have the indicator stalk on the opposite side than what you are used to, so often turn on the wipers, before making a turn. :oops: at least I've not yet made the mistake of filling up a diesel with petrol or visa versa..

Hey snico you are not also a BMW driver by any chance, Merc and Audi drivers in my opinion only do what they do to BMW drivers because they can....lol....

Hey snico you are not also a BMW driver by any chance, Merc and Audi drivers in my opinion only do what they do to BMW drivers because they can....lol....

I used to be BMW driver, drive a Lexus now. Audi drivers just want to be BMW drivers :LOL:

Merc drivers just think they own the roads these days. It doesn't really matter what car you drive, an idiotic, ignorant driver will be the same in a any car!

Sponsored Links
Back