Front Bumper Squeaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, a few weeks ago I managed to damage the undertray of my Ford Focus 2013, half ripped out and the left side of the front bumper popped out, since then I have managed to put it back together and replace the undertray but now I get a repetitive squeaking sound whenever I brake that is very annoying. I had my MOT after I replace the undertray and passed with no advisories regarding front brakes as I had them changed last month and no advisories on the suspensión either, has anybody gone through anything similar?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I once bought a Mondeo and the front bumper had come away from all the insulation/packing/sound deadening backing to the bumper skin. I took it to my mate who did bodywork and he told me what to do to firm everything up. Buy a can of expanding foam and squirt it into the bumper through the towing eye cover. Worked a treat. (y)

Maybe that could work for you?

Personally I can’t see any connection with braking and a squeaking front bumper......are you sure that’s it?
Try pushing the bumper up and down.....any squeaking then?
John

Sponsored Links
Do you remember what brand your new pads were? Not Eicher by any chance?

Not sure, they were put on by garage, I'd have to check

I tried pushing the bumper up and down bit no squeak

This squeaking......when you brake, is it continuous?
Does the note change either when you release the pedal, or apply the brakes harder?
John :)

Its continuous yeah, goes on and on until I stop, the note does change too yeah

This has nothing to do with the bumper.....the noise is the brake pads gently rubbing the disc due to build up of dust or the brake calipers not releasing the pads fully.
John

I see, I had new brake pads fitted last month, would that still be the case and what do you recommend I do?

Personally I’d strip the pads out and clean the calipers with a wire brush......particularly where the pads slide on the calipers. ( These are called the ‘lands’).
The discs need to be inspected for rusting on the friction surfaces and all contact areas coated with a ceramic grease - the same applies to the back of the pads.
I have to say I generally replace the discs and pads together these days, rather than just the pads alone.
John

Sponsored Links
Back