Frozen Hot Water Tap in the Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think I need a little help here. In N Ireland its currently in double - figures and even with the heating being on almost constantly, the hot tap in the kitchen appears to be frozen. every other tap works ok. I cant find where the frozen pipe is as all the pipes are lagged and the only part I have access to is directly under the sink.

The advice I can see online tells me to turn off the stopcock and heating, find where in the pipe is frozen and thaw it out.

If I turn off the stopcock and heating, then surely I run the risk of the rest of the pipes freezing?

I have spent over half an hour tonight with the hairdryier on the pipes under the sink with no luck and there is no way for me to access the rest of that pipe.

Any advice would be greatly apprieciated.

Sponsored Links
Certainly turn off at the stopcock.

But if the heating has been on all the time and is running OK then leave in on and on high.

How do you get the heating? Are you burning peat?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Leave the taps open if you have turned off the stopcock.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back