Country
United Kingdom
Got my latest today.

Elec: 193.14

Gas: 339.97

How does this compare?

Sponsored Links
Assuming that's quarterly ?

Your Gas is dramatically more expensive than my oil bill. My oil bill will be approx £600 from last October which will take me to late spring.

Your electric seems low. Mine is approx £300 for the quarter.

My oil bill is similar.
Electric £75 for per quarter.

Sponsored Links
Its probably a bit less. Paid that recently. Thought it was a bit steep tbh.
Its about £50 in summer.

Its probably a bit less. Paid that recently.
Its about £50 in summer.

Assuming you don't sit in the dark, can you tell me how you manage to get it so cheap ? Small house ? No kids etc etc ?

Combined gas and electricity £333.00 per month. how does that compare?
Three bedroom bungalow, cooking and heating by gas.
Would be interested, is this average?

Wotan

It's an average sized house and no kids. A big ole farm house I inherited with 22 acres of land dating back to the turn of the last century.
I never leave lights turned on thats not needed . Right now I've two low energy light bulbs running and the PC.
EDIT. My nephew has just arrived to feed the livestock though and the two big sodiums up the yard are now on also. Gotta go.
Chore time. :(

..Fridge, freezer?

I can not remember the last time i saw a quarterly energy bill less than three figures. But then again we use a dishwasher, tumble dryer, washing machine, two fridges, freezer, multi tellies all on a daily basis.

I guess if i only burned a couple of bulbs and a lot of candles i'd save a mint too.

It's an average sized house and no kids. A big ole farm house I inherited with 22 acres of land dating back to the turn of the last century.
I never leave lights turned on thats not needed . Right now I've two low energy light bulbs running and the PC.
EDIT. My nephew has just arrived to feed the livestock though and the two big sodiums up the yard are now on also. Gotta go.
Chore time. :(

Anyone else suspect he's wired into a lamp post ? :LOL:

Combined gas and electricity £333.00 per month. how does that compare?
Three bedroom bungalow, cooking and heating by gas.
Would be interested, is this average?

Wotan

Well, my bill is for a quarter, so combined, that works out at 177.70 for me per month.

So yours seems high.

We have a large 5 bed det. with GCH and hob and 1 electric shower and cooker. There's also a boiler fed thermostatic mixer shower and an immersion we use frequently when the boiler-heated water runs cold.

The boiler is a 1982 Ideal Mexico, so not up-to-date or efficient...

Sponsored Links
Back