Fuel prices... When will they hit £7/gallon?

Sponsored Links
Fuel is dirt cheap imo.
If it was expensive you'd see a lot less traffic on the roads.

Not necessarily. It's not human nature to stand still, or go backwards in living standards.

As costs rise, people have to make more effort just to stand still, let alone progress. More people, travelling more miles, to make more things, to sell more things. Selling 'things' when more people are doing it means you make less profit, so make extra effort to sell even more. Then you get hit with higher overheads, in this case fuel, so you have to keep on the treadmill to maintain your living standards.

We're working longer hours than ever, travelling further, and even when we're supposed to be off duty, there's always emails, mobiles, blackberrys, etc.

20 or 30 years ago, working all hours used to bring rewards. Now you do it just to stay afloat. The roads are busy. Full of people who have to keep travelling to earn a crust. People prioritise, and fuel isn't a luxury.

It's not human nature to stand still

The Amish can do it.
Maybe we should adopt their code of ethics. :idea:
I bet they've no debt. No single mothers demanding free homes or yobs screaming in your face or females demanding industrial grade silicone implants and when it goes t**ts up demanding the tax payer pay for their removal. :LOL: :LOL:
Bring it on. :mrgreen:

No computer either. Except for a few special cases.
So you would not be discussing this.

Sponsored Links
It's not human nature to stand still

The Amish can do it.
Maybe we should adopt their code of ethics. :idea:
I bet they've no debt. No single mothers demanding free homes or yobs screaming in your face or females demanding industrial grade silicone implants and when it goes t**ts up demanding the tax payer pay for their removal. :LOL: :LOL:
Bring it on. :mrgreen:

I've tried, but couldn't get on with the beard. Same reason I haven't converted to islam. ;)

i could just about handle a beard on myself,but certainly not on the woman. :LOL:

It's because the Government are getting away with it.
Can you explain what you mean. What are they getting away with? Are you suggesting that taxation should be scrapped? What point are you making?
No not be scrapped but shouldn't be a big percentage taxation which is roughly 70%, not really fair on the lower and middle class and the current tax system IMO is unfair whereas rich people are using the tax loopholes etc

Fuel tax is paid by everyone from dole cheats to tax fiddlers to illegal immigrants as is VAT. You can't fiddle these things. If income tax were to rise it would have to go up enormously because everyone would fiddle it.
Surely if they are dole cheats and tax fiddlers then it's illegal money to pay for their fuels? The tax and welfare system is a mess

Fuel tax is paid by everyone from dole cheats to tax fiddlers to illegal immigrants as is VAT. You can't fiddle these things. If income tax were to rise it would have to go up enormously because everyone would fiddle it.
Surely if they are dole cheats and tax fiddlers then it's illegal money to pay for their fuels? The tax and welfare system is a mess

Do you really think the government bother where the money is from :rolleyes:

The government doesn't have money, they collect for the people. What do you think they do with it?

Do you really think the government bother where the money is from :rolleyes:
Either doesn't effect you or you're not bothered

[ so you have to keep on the treadmill .
even Richard Branston has to keep on the conveyor - with his planes . Nothing changes - I`ve got an AA Drive magazine from 1969 - just the same whingeing about fuel/car taxation - only difference it`s in £.S.d. :LOL: and a small car cost £1k new

Sponsored Links
Back