Fugi kit and decorators caulk

In the end I did the smallest bead I could and ran my little finger down trying not to smear it up the walls. Pleased with the outcome. Regular cleaning of the nozzle with tissue and cleaned my finger with a damp rag.

Doing it pre-topcoat is obv the way to do it, but having forgotten its turned out well.

Sponsored Links
If you mean a filler like red devil or poly filler that sounds even messier...
I just meant a tube of white filler (goes into your caulking gun like anything else). Wipe over with a damp sponge. If you do it badly you can keep doing this forever as it just wipes off easily, unlike caulk which is sticky and smears. It also shrinks less, takes paint no problem.

Last edited:
I just meant a tube of white filler (goes into your caulking gun like anything else). Wipe over with a damp sponge. If you do it badly you can keep doing this forever as it just wipes off easily, unlike caulk which is sticky and smears. It also shrinks less, takes paint no problem, and your stringer really shouldn't be moving anyway.

Cheers. The caulk worked ok, as well as could be expected. Couple of photos if you're interested.

IMG_2276.JPG IMG_2277.JPG

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back