Full Junction Box

T

toasty

I must confess that I got a little carried away with this one, but it just goes to show that you can fit an insane number of cables (16 in this case) into 1 junction box and still keep it neat.

Sponsored Links
Very nice.. :D

Thanks!! :D

Sort of got the idea the other day when I did this one and it seemed almost empty!!

...a bit more attention to detail this time around, dressed the screwheads, stripped the cables a bit neater and bingo.

I was thinking, you could probably get 20 x 1.0mm cables into a 30amp round junction box! - Anyone care to try :)

I have to ask though: What's it for? It looks as if there's a carpet underneath the JB in the bottom picture, and it's pretty rare you get to install one in a location as comfy to work in as that!

Sponsored Links
The top one is a big room lighting setup, 5 circuits of between 2-3 lights on each switch. 12 lamps in total.

The smaller of the two is on some carpet in the picture (well spotted) but it's in a loft space - I just used to carpet to kneel on, otherwise I get bad knees. Again it's a lighting circuit - 4xGU10 downlights in a bathroom.

Why didn't you use a larger, more suitable junction box with enough terminals?

Was this just to proove how many conductors you could terminate or is it in service?
If it's in service I'd hate to have to disconnect anything for fault finding!

Why didn't you use a larger, more suitable junction box with enough terminals?

Was this just to proove how many conductors you could terminate or is it in service?
If it's in service I'd hate to have to disconnect anything for fault finding!

Fair points.. As I said, I got a bit carried away seeing if they would all fit :oops: a larger box would have been far more sensible... :LOL:

...a bit more attention to detail this time around, dressed the screwheads, stripped the cables a bit neater and bingo.

Very neat, though I'm not sure I'm a fan of dressing the heads on terminal screws! Visable accessory screws, fair doos if you're that OCD, but terminals should be done up to the required tightness in my opinion.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of dressing the heads on terminal screws! Visable accessory screws, fair doos if you're that OCD, but terminals should be done up to the required tightness in my opinion.

....Ummmm, that is a good point well made.... :oops:
Guess who's just been back up into the loft to give them all a extra tweak up! :D
Thanks!

Would like to see what you will do if one of your short neutrals burns out LOL :LOL:

To Grantewart, He probably does what i do and leaves a foot of slack out5 of sight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back